Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    Custom pair of Stonehenge cabs available for 1,245$ for the pair.

    I don't see any internal bracing in the pics. Maybe its just out of view? Did the real stonehenge cabs have much bracing? If they are anything like my M17 cabs, they did

    I think they are kind of expensive, but I am a cheapskate.

    New Stonehenge V Cabinets for Altec 604 Speakers! Available in Walnut & Oak | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    Custom pair of Stonehenge cabs available for 1,245$ for the pair.

    I don't see any internal bracing in the pics. Maybe its just out of view? Did the real stonehenge cabs have much bracing? If they are anything like my M17 cabs, they did

    I think they are kind of expensive, but I am a cheapskate.

    New Stonehenge V Cabinets for Altec 604 Speakers! Available in Walnut & Oak | eBay
    I think this is the outfit that GPA is working with.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Junior Hostboard Member SpeakersOnSteroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    Custom pair of Stonehenge cabs available for 1,245$ for the pair.

    I don't see any internal bracing in the pics. Maybe its just out of view? Did the real stonehenge cabs have much bracing? If they are anything like my M17 cabs, they did

    I think they are kind of expensive, but I am a cheapskate.

    New Stonehenge V Cabinets for Altec 604 Speakers! Available in Walnut & Oak | eBay
    Hello! Thanks for looking at my ad on eBay. I've been providing Altec Model 19 & Stonehenge V cabinets on eBay for several years. Went away from it for a short time and wants to begin offering them again.
    You are correct there are no braces in those cabinets. They can however be added by request at no charge.
    Our cabinets are dado'ed and lock mitered wherever possible which makes for a very sturdy cabinet. If someone wants bracing they only need to ask.

    Thanks!
    Steve

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    Custom pair of Stonehenge cabs available for 1,245$ for the pair.

    I don't see any internal bracing in the pics. Maybe its just out of view? Did the real stonehenge cabs have much bracing? If they are anything like my M17 cabs, they did

    I think they are kind of expensive, but I am a cheapskate.

    New Stonehenge V Cabinets for Altec 604 Speakers! Available in Walnut & Oak | eBay
    Thinking of adding Onken 360's to the product line. Let m know what you think.

    Regards,
    Steve

  4. #4
    Junior Hostboard Member lokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2011
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    I think the pricing is decent. I built a cabinet similar to this and I can tell you it is a tremendous amount of work not to mention the material costs.

    Steve- I for one think you guys are offering a valuable service to the Altec community and thank you for your offerings.

    Sometimes there is a bias against professionals. I don't understand it. Maybe people are used to buying cheap Chinese schlock and the idea of paying for local craftsmanship is just lost on them.

    I noticed on your website that GM is offering design services... cool! Go fellas Go!

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    I'm not sure I have seen the bias against professionals. I think many of the people on this site are ex-Altec professionals. For myself, I am too poor to buy any of the more expensive Altec speakers/cabinets. I have to either find a killer deal, or build it myself.

    I know how much the the plywood, glue, and veneer costs. And how much the tools that cost to build these the right way. Expensive. And the experience it takes to do it the right way is priceless.

    I think a nice braced pair of these Stonehenge cabs would be pretty sweet. I had considered building a pair before I got my 620a cabs.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    Steve - where did you get the plans for the Stonehenge V? I have a set of hand-drawn plans for them that I made several years ago (that includes the internal bracing) and sell for a modest fee with the proviso that the buyer promises not to share them with anyone else. Did someone give you a set of my plans?

    Just asking - not accusing.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  7. #7
    Junior Hostboard Member SpeakersOnSteroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stonehenge repros on ebay. Atlanta, GA

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
    Steve - where did you get the plans for the Stonehenge V? I have a set of hand-drawn plans for them that I made several years ago (that includes the internal bracing) and sell for a modest fee with the proviso that the buyer promises not to share them with anyone else. Did someone give you a set of my plans?

    Just asking - not accusing.
    Hi Todd,
    That's fine. I received a set of plans from a buyer about 5-6 years ago. Since then I have produced about a dozen pair of SH V's. It was a CAD drawing. Not sure if it's origin. I don't even have it anymore. Now, if I need a dimension I just refer to my pair.
    Hope all is well.
    Regards,
    Steve

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.